Monday, February 06, 2006

Friday Night 'til Sunday.

I swear, if I ever write a book, it'll be called Fridays at Carl's House.

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

Saturday, Aaron and I went to Viet House for lunch and then watched Woody Allen's Manhattan. It was my first Woody Allen film and I really liked it. Diane Keaton was wonderful.

Later that evening we bowled two games at the bowling alley near my house.
Game One:
Aaron 102
Kate 94

Game 2:
Aaron 60
Kate 102

Yeah, neither of us are really bowlers (I got lucky), but it was fun. Gutter balls are awesome. Seriously.

Sunday I spent the day at Carl's house with the guys and Audrey and Melissa. I gave Carl a haircut (which was cool since it was the first time I had ever 'faded' with different sized combs on the clippers) and watched the Super Bowl. The game was kind of humdrum, but it's the Super Bowl and gave us an excuse to hang out.

I started Lolita (borrowing it from Aaron while he reads The Slaughterhouse Five) on Saturday morning since I finished Wonderboys Friday afternoon. I really like Nabokov's narrative style and I really look forward to finishing the book. I saw the Kubrick film this summer and it's one of my favorites-- I guess this is why I hear James Mason narrating the book as Humbert Humbert (Oh, Captain Nemo).

2 comments:

Theresa said...

NABOKOV!!
A most excellent book.

Katy Ray said...

Seriously, the best catch-phrase (or word) ever.