Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Happy Birthday, Kate, Your Car's Flooded!

Rain, Rain.

Seems like that's the buzz going in the DC area. Friday night, rain. Saturday, rain. Sunday, clear for about 6 hours, rain. Monday, rain.

Notes:

-Kitty cat likes to hide in the bathtub when it's thundering:
IMG_1758.JPG

-Flooded basement (three inches), don't store any of my stuff down there thank goodness.
-Not as flooded as Jim's basement(s) next door. He owns the two houses next to mine and they sit lowest in the neighborhood. Asked if he needed help, said no. He spent the rest of the night outside, soaked, digging trenches.
-Street flooded Sunday night (my bday). Woke up Monday morning to soaked floorboards. John nextdoor has standing water in his Honda.
-Neighbors saved Pete's motorcycle that flooded. Parked in the front yard off the street. We're going high-class with this one, although it's not sitting on cinderblocks.
-Worked from home all day Monday. Skyline complex in Falls Church/Alexandria flooded and w/o power.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

No flooding here (yay 3rd floor), however our condo's meter room flooded out and my 8 minute commute turned into an hour when I realized Rock Creek Parkway was closed and had to find my way to Constitution.

Theresa said...

I am a horrible friend! Happy Birthday quirky one!! Unfortunatly there was no flooding at all in my part of Tysons & I had to come in all week...on the upside my communte took about 20 min. since everyone else was working from home.
When are we going out for your birthday? I will be in NC with my family for the 4th, but how about next week?!?