Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kitten.

I rescued a kitten from traffic today. No, really:

IMG_2046

I was stopped at a red light in Gainesville when I saw something weaving in and out of the cars stopped in the opposite side of the road. The car next to me saw it too. I realized it was a kitten! When the light turned green we both pulled over into the center median. By that time a couple cars had run over the cat dead-center but the folks in the other car were able to stop the next car it was under (it had also climbed up into the car's underbelly). By the time I had run over, the kitten was back on the pavement and mewing so loudly, "Save me! Save me!" the car's driver picked her up and thanked us for stopping her. She was on the way to the airport and I said I'd gladly take the kitten. The cat started purring the second she was snug in my arms and knew she was going to be OK.

She rode in my lap purring and kneading my legs the whole way to my parents'. We fed her, bathed her, and made her at home. She's in good shape, she's a little underfed and only a couple whiskers and some fur singed from being under the car. Mom's taking her to the vet on Tuesday and if she gets along with our cat, Dizzy, they'll keep her. She's about 12 weeks old.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No comments: