Monday, October 16, 2006

Never Gonna Give Up.

Dan kept asking me, "When are we going to leave? When are we going to leave?" He was excited about his first-punk-show-at-a-real-club-and-not-in-some-kid's-basement. His favorite band, Time Again, was opening for The Briggs at Jaxx Nightclub in Springfield.


Brian (no longer with the band), Daniel, Ryan, and Elijah of Time Again.

Highlights:
  • Jaxx is small and it wasn't crowded, so everyone (in the bands and not) were hanging out together.
  • Danny on the floor singing every word.
  • Daniel Dart holding the mic to Danny singing.
  • Daniel Dart all hott and stuff (my brother says Time Again are the pretty boys of punk; I have to agree).
  • Meeting Daniel, Ryan, and Elijah from Time Again.
  • Danny almost peeing his pants because of it (but not really). Conversation went like this: "Your name's Dan? My name's Dan! Yeah, I have a big sister, too."
  • Daniel Dart touched me (score!) and we actually conversed, heh.
  • Talking with the bassist from The Briggs.
  • The Briggs apologizing to Jaxx for playing punk at a heavy metal bar.
  • We left the club and Ryan (drummer for Time Again) wished me a good night. It was quite sweet, I thought.
  • Denny's run at 2am.
  • And crash at my house.
Sunday, I drove back out to Warrenton, got lunch with Phil and Dan, took a nap with the kitten (or the kitten took a nap with me) while my laundry was getting done, and spent an hour and a half driving back to Falls Church. This weekend was a definite success.

Interview downtown this afternoon, wish me luck!

No comments: