Thursday, June 07, 2007

Slight Observations.

Again, bullets.

- Summertime is officially here and I want to have a cookout in the coming weeks to celebrate. I may have to get some citronella candles.

- Bowling with Kian, Adrienne, and the AVT kids!

- Saw BRMC with Matt on Saturday. They are still one of my favorites and the new album is rockin'.

- Leaving for Seattle this evening to visit my BFF from high school; I haven't seen Josef since we graduated in 2001. We may have a moment in the airport this evening when he comes to get me. Tears may be involved. Just sayin'.

- Speaking of my trip, this morning I woke up a little late and in my half-asleep haze I locked myself out of the apartment. I gave my keys to Teki (she's cat-sitting) and forgot to leave my door open. Thankfully my neighbor has a spare set (especially since I still have to finish packing!).

- Last night John and I went to the Regional Air Guitar Championship at the 9:30 Club. Word to describe the experience? Amazing. Finished up at Ben's afterwards for good eats.

- It's also bike season. Although due to recent busy-ness, riding hasn't happened as oft as I would like, the summer's still young. Purchases include John's new (old) Raleigh Pursuit and I'm picking up an old Bianchi beater next week. Ah, Craigslist.

-Reads: I finished Dallas's book, Drive Like Hell, a few weeks ago. It was awesome and reminded me of home and stories my dad used to tell of Old Florida (the book is set in Georgia in the 1970s). Currently reading the third Harry Potter book, but will probably have to start the fourth at the airport this afternoon. I'm also planning on taking along Michael Chabon's new book, The Yiddish Policeman's Union. Chabon is my favorite author and I can't wait to crack into his newest novel. I'm sorry I missed him when he was in town a couple weeks ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay was one of my favorite books. I'll definitely have to pick up his latest, whenever I finish the books on my nightstand -- American Pastoral (by Roth) and Rashi's Daughters -- but only if I finish those with enough time to read another book before the Harry Potter release.