Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hyperventilating.

I can't breathe.



EDIT (and a bit of an explanation):

The Verve have been my favorite band since I was fifteen years old. It was the late nineties (ha) and britpop was at its peak; bands like Oasis, Blur, Travis, Manic Street Preachers, Kula Shaker, Stone Roses, Supergrass were all on top of their game, bringing new (and now, somewhat cliche) sounds to rock and/or roll.

Ashcroft, McCabe, Jones, and Salisbury (and Tong) were it for me. From their first single, All in the Mind, thru bootlegs of Voyager One and their Northern Soul days, and to their final epic escape of Urban Hymns and last release, Sonnet-- The Verve defined my teenage existence in a small town away from what seemed the world. My mother still reminds me, "I'm so glad you've widened your musical horizons since that 'verve' band."

Previous references to The Verve in Kate Space can be found here and here.

Let the Damage Begin.

No comments: