Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bike Season

I went on my first twenty-miler of the season today. I took the W&OD from my house out to Reston and back.

Highlights:
  • two tandems in a row (still need to try one out)
  • someone left a stuffed animal on one of the benches and every one thought it was a real hedgehog
  • keeping up with the guy in the orange jersey (who was hauling ass) for three miles
  • being outside
  • seeing a dog being towed in one of those bike trailer thingies for kids
  • sweating
  • seeing a kid I had seen before riding with his dad taking a nap in his dad's lap at one of the rest-stations
  • dogs and dogs and dogs and dogs
  • kids and kids and kids and kids
  • hearing all the frogs and creepy things in the swampy area between Vienna and Reston
  • calling Aaron and telling him I was doing a twenty-miler
  • not getting hit by a car
  • using the orange lenses in my sunglasses since it was overcast--wow, helps a lot.
  • not falling off my bike and/or forgetting I'm snapped in (still getting used to being clipless)
  • feeling like I had a great workout
This evening I watched The Graduate. Excellent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should ride in Rock Creek Park and come visit me at our new apartment!