Saturday, February 24, 2007

Content. (maybe.)

1. satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.

Riding home with all three of my brothers listening to Pete Yorn on a Friday night.

The next couple of years are going to be full of transitions and changes. The four of us have been all we've had our entire lives because we moved around so much. And it will happen again soon. My oldest brother is thinking about college in Florida, my middle brother is already out in Lexington attending VMI, the baby in the family will graduate high school in 2008. The world has different plans for each of us. We just have to wait and see.

Come this summer, the house my parents live in now will be the longest they've been in one place since before I was born. How long will they stay there? Unknown. But it's the house my brothers grew up in; three brothers over five years from childhood to near-adult and adulthood, and me, looking in from the outside. My home has always been that brick house on the edge of the world in Oklahoma; watching the storms bubble green and sweep in from the West, standing on my back porch leaning into the wind and allowing myself to let go and be held by it.

I look at my life and the places I've lived, things I've done, opportunities taken and wasted. I'm currently living in my twelfth place of residence (not counting school). I've lived in six states. I've met people that have changed my life; I still do. And for some reason, I keep asking for more.

Love, life, happiness (and my brothers): nothing more, nothing less.

No comments: