Monday, February 26, 2007

Time to roll up my sleeves.

Over the past two years, little known to some, I've continued researching and redesigning my Tulsa piece. Now, the real work begins. I've bought my super-pens and college-ruled composition books, found my Library of Congress Researcher's card, and I think I'm ready to get into the realm of putting together an actual piece of history. I'm also planning a trip to Oklahoma this winter to dive into the University of Tulsa's archives.

All I can say is, writing a book is hard. Writing nonfiction is harder.

I'll be hanging out after work at the LOC a couple times a week. Yay!

Note: If you're like me and have to write everything by hand and then compile and type it out, I highly recommend the PaperMate X-Tend retractable medium ballpoint pen. They allow me to write for hours without aching.

No comments: