Monday, April 25, 2005

This Weekend

Friday was the most fun I'd had in a long while. Friday I went into work later than usual since I got the morning off to recover from Mason Day on Thursday. Got off at 4 and got ready to take Aaron out for dinner. My knee had hurt the day before--it actually kept me from doing Apartment rounds for Mason day, but somehow on Friday, I woke up and it was fine. Weird. Aaron got it into his head that he wanted to go to a Ruby Tuesday's in Vienna. Why there, I don't know (there are two in Fairfax). So we start driving down 123 towards Vienna and when we get down there I point out the Toilet Bowl building and Aaron makes the point that that's where we're eating: at the Tuesday's in the Toilet Bowl building. Oh, no, honey, that's a Friday's, I say. Aaron was disappointed nonetheless, so we drove back (cos neither of us really like Fridays') and stopped at Famous Dave's for Bar-be-Que. It was good, I had never been there, but the restaurant wasn't exactly very comfortable. Definitely good food though.

We got back to campus and I thought I'd let Aaron call it a night since he was leaving for Buffalo, NY in the morning to celebrate Passover with his Dad's family. I called Jason to see what was up and Theresa and I ended up meeting Jason and his gang at Il Lupo's. It was nice to see Adam again and I finally got to meet Gurdeep! We had a great time, but Lupo's was kinda empty. We left Jason and Theresa talking at the bar and Adam, Gurdeep, and I walked down to T.T. Reynold's to check that place out. We felt sort of out of place. I mean, I was in a suit jacket, Adam's in a ball-cap holding a Budweiser, and here's Gurdeep in all his goodness. Everyone else had either something pierced, or tatooed, or Mohawked. So after a drink, we left and went back to Il Lupo's till we shut the place down. Then we went to Denny's.

After a great breakfast, we got back to Il Lupo's to pick up my truck. I'm so embarrassed. I'm really a good driver, but my truck is old. It sometimes doesn't go into reverse the first try. So it was in neutral and I kinda rolled a bit before I hit the breaks and hit the clutch again to roll the gears and to get it into reverse. I really can drive. It's just that things like this happen when I'm in front of boys. The end. Theresa and I got home in one piece. We had a great night. Thanks guys!

I spent the rest of the weekend at home. Thought I could get some writing done while my family was out of town. Yeah, right. I ended up coming back this afternoon with only two new paragraphs written. Went to Viet House for dinner with Aaron. I love pho. It's one of my favorite foods. Just don't ask me what's in it. Later we came back to his house and Aaron put PhotoShop CS on my computer, so hopefully now I can put pictures up on el blog. Just as soon as I take some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm so embarrassed. I'm really a good driver, but my truck is old. It sometimes doesn't go into reverse the first try. So it was in neutral and I kinda rolled a bit before I hit the breaks and hit the clutch again to roll the gears and to get it into reverse. I really can drive. It's just that things like this happen when I'm in front of boys. The end."

Excuses, excuses... ;)