Monday, November 14, 2005

Dangers of the Internet.

Since work's been really slow, I've been spending more and more time poking around the Internet and spending literally hours on Flickr. So much so, that this weekend I had a dream that I was using Flickr and having a cup of coffee and conversation with Jason Kottke. I woke up not only feeling weird, but like a total geek. Aaron didn't know whether to laugh or drive me to therapy.

This weekend was quite eventful (or not). Friday night Aaron and I watched my favorite Sci-fi movie, Forbidden Planet. It's been my favorite since I was maybe 8 years old. It's wonderful and the effects are amazing for 1956. It features a super-young Leslie Nielsen and a babe-a-licious Anne Francis. Forbidden Planet was also the debut of Robby the Robot of Lost in Space fame.

Saturday, we went to Tysons Corner. Aaron and I both needed dress-clothes for work. Clothes are so expensive. But hey, if they want me to dress in business clothing everyday, so be it. Not that I like looking forty. (Disclaimer: There's nothing wrong with being forty, it's just that I'm 22 and wear suits to work almost everyday.) Saturday night we got burgers at Red Robin, I got a new 5.8ghz cordless phone that won't mess up my wireless internet at home, and watched the new SNL.

Sunday I went home to see my family. My cat, Whiskers is going back to the vet; he's lost another pound in the past week. In six weeks he's gone from weighing 14lbs to roughly 7. My parents got him tested and the vet said it was a thyroid problem, but even with the drugs for that and an appetite starter?initiator? he's still not eating. Oh, and 14lbs wasn't fat-- he's a bigger cat and was really muscly. Our other cat, Dizzy is wigging out a bit because she knows something's up with Whisker-doo.

No comments: