Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Home for the Holidays (In record time)

This morning I was supposed to be at work at 6am. I planned to come in early so I could leave work around 1pm and head out to my parents' house in Warrenton before traffic got obscene (I'm not saying bad since traffic is always bad).

Set the alarm for 4:30am, giving me enough time to get dressed and pack for my Wednesday and Thursday night on the sleeper sofa. I heard the alarm, but made the mistake of turning it off. I rolled over at 5:59am on the dot.

Sprang out of bed, threw on something to wear, grabbed some already folded clothes from the clean laundry basket and shoved them into my messenger bag, popped my contacts in, brushed my teeth, slung my ID badge around my neck, and headed to work.

Locked the door and on my way out realized I forgot my purse. Came back in, grabbed my purse, and drove over to Skyline (where I work). Arrived at my desk at 6:24am. I think it's a new record.

This afternoon I have to bake pies. I've never made a pie before. Cakes, yes. Pies, no. Two pumpkin, a pecan, and an apple pie. Earlier this week I was under the impression that I was only making the pumpkin and pecan pies-- Mom called me and told me she bought apples for my apple pie. My apple pie? Must have missed the memo.

No comments: