Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Yoga.

Last night was my first yoga class at the Sacred Well Yoga Studio (and Healing Center). I was a little nervous about going because I hadn't taken a yoga class since high school, but the minute I stepped into the studio (with shoes off, of course) I felt very comfortable in my surroundings.

There were all types of people there- old, young, slim, and not. We were a hodge-podge group of yoga beginners with all different body types and skill (by skill I mean balance) levels. It was good to know that I wasn't the only one who felt like falling over a couple times! The class was very relaxing; we spent the first 45 minutes doing basic stretches that felt oh so good. Later, I could see how the simple stretches helped me out because I had no problems doing the 'tree' or the 'warrior 1' pose when it came to the end of class. And yes, we all sweated a bit.

I'm definitely looking forward to next week's class. My instructor is so nice and very supportive of all of us in the class and she never hesitated to correct our posture or stance or whatnot (in a nice way, I promise).

Yay for yoga!