Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween 2005, and other things.

I knew the evening was going to be great when Aaron wore my Minnie Mouse costume for me:


Getting the ears just right.


Isn't he a cute Minnie Mouse?


The gang: Paul, Luke, Curtis, Aaron, Carl, Joseph, and Joey P.


Theresa (the mouse ears got around a lot).


I think I'll still love this picture when I'm 50.


Luke and Justin


Adriane (a vixen), Kate (a beer-runner), Curtis (the "Gobbler"), and Joey (ring-leader of the gray sweatshirt club of which I'm a founding member).


Kate and Theresa (we are each other's Wingmen- or women). Thank you for a wonderful evening, babe.

Around 3am, Justin, Paul and I went over to Denny's for a Moons Over My Hammy feast. It was funny to see the place packed with people in costumes. And at 4am, as usual, the VA state troopers rolled in for breakfast. At four in the morning they can usually enjoy their coffee in peace (I've been there a few times while they're having breakfast), but not this morning! I drove home after I dropped off the boys and crashed till morn.

Saturday, Aaron came over and we played Putt-Putt at Jefferson District Park in Falls Church. I totally beat him! OK, it was by one stroke-- but I got three hole-in-ones in a row (including the three-tier hole 13)! I guess that shows how bad I was playing before the hole-in-ones. That night we watched the new Batman movie and the new SNL with Lance Armstrong. Batman Begins was awesome, I liked it a lot-- much better than all the others. And Christian Bale has grown up a lot since Newsies, I have to say. I've had a crush on him since I was six (OK, so technically nine).

Sunday, I met up with Theresa at Fair City Mall to catch Capote at Cinema Arts. We got there early for some pizza before Bennett and BR showed up. The movie was very well done, the cinematography was great, and everything in it made me want to be part of the literary crowd of the early 1960s. I hope this doesn't make me weird. BR lent me the book, In Cold Blood, as I've never read it. Since Capote claims to have invented the genre of literature of which I want to be a part, I should probably read the book 'that started it all.'

Tonight is Halloween. I plan on cleaning the apartment and handing out Tootsie Pops.

Oh, and I start my Yoga classes tomorrow!

No comments: