Friday, August 12, 2005

Having an O.K. Day

It's Friday. Again. Work is going all right. We have a deadline coming up, so things have been a little hectic. I have some down-time since my assignments are in my editor's hands-- we have an editor for the editors.

The job is going pretty well. I've gotten used to the routine a bit and the software is pretty easy to understand and use. I was talking to my supervisors about graduate school. They suggested I get my M.B.A. It's feasible; the company would pay for most of it, but it would be concentrated in something like Information Systems or Security.

It's kinda weird to think that all of this computer stuff I took up as only a hobby may turn into my career. It's great that people, I guess, see this potential in me to suggest school and the sort, but I really want to write. I'm taking another look at that piece I did on circumcision last year. I read it now and want to change it all up and move parts, pieces, the like. Sometimes I just want to hold down the delete key. I do the same thing with my Tulsa piece. I'll find an audience. Soon, I hope.

My dad's coming over to the apartment today after he gets off work. We're finally going to install that table in the kitchen. I told him I'd take him out to eat. I haven't seen Dad in two weeks and we haven't had any father-daughter time in FOREVER. Afterwards I head to Razieh and Caro's for their "Farewell to Our Apartment" party. Should be fun times. I just need to remember to get my DVD remote back from Carolyn. She's kept it for me for over a year!

No comments: