Monday, August 15, 2005

Links

Our beloved professor, Scott Berg, on The Happy Booker as a guest blogger: "If I Only had an 8-Track"

The Happy Booker is run by Mason Alum Wendi Kaufman. She writes free-lance for The Washington Post and other publications. She visited the class I had with Chris Thaiss.

If you haven't already, check out today's McSweeney's. My favorite round of dispatches are available here. I'm working on my own; stay tuned.

My "told you so" moment. Yes, portions of The Outsiders, Francis Ford Copolla's adaptation of the S.E. Hinton novel, were filmed in my hometown of Owasso, Oklahoma. The football stadium is still there and used by the middle school and ninth grade football and soccer teams.

Interesting paper/article/editorial on the state of NASA and the space program. Care of Kottke.

And, if you don't quite know where you stand politically, this may help.

No comments: