Friday, September 09, 2005

I Think I'm Grumpy

This week is finally over. Thank goodness it was short.

The bike jerseys I ordered came in the mail yesterday. I have a Palo Alto bike club jersey (I've never been to Palo Alto, I thought I would get as random as possible) and a long-sleeve jersey to wear when it gets cold.

I went for a bike ride the other day to Vienna to visit Aaron at work. On the ride out I met up with a bike-commuter who rides from Vienna to Bethesda every day. We had a good chat on the trail until it was time to part ways at Rte. 123 in Vienna.

I fell off my bike for the first time, too. It was bound to happen one day or another, so I'm glad it's out of my system. I don't quite know how I fell, the bike and I were both stopped at a light to cross a busy street and I just fell over-- Like the bike was telling itself, "I think it's a good time to fall over now"-- and promptly did, taking me with it. It was one of those falls where I knew it was happening, but I wasn't going to do anything about it. I didn't brace myself or anything, but now I can't lay on my left side as I have a bruise on my left hip. I laughed and just picked myself up. The folks stuck in the South-bound lane all kind of looked over with an, "Oh, she fell" look. Took one for Team Kate.

I need to get my bike tuned up I think. There's something up with my rear brake and front deraileur and the back wheel is starting to make a "clicking" sound, which is never good. I'll take it into Spokes this weekend. I also may drop in on one of their bicycle maintenance classes as well, as I probably need it.

I'm debating whether to go to my parents' house this weekend. Reasons for going home:
1. The laundry machine in my building is broken.
2. Dad's about to go on a month-long business trip
3. I left my Super Nintendo there
4. I hope Danny (or James) didn't break it
5. I left my laundry there from the last time I was home.

Reasons for sticking around Falls Church:
1. Gas is still $3.25/gal.

I may just bite the bullet and go home to see my dad.

No comments: