Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Stuff.

Anti-drug film strip from back-in-the-day. There's no soundtrack, but strangely you can hear the "boop" when scrolling through each frame. No, I'm not crazy. (boing-boing)

Here we go again. I can say I never learned about evolution in high school or middle school. Still don't know too much about it except for what I've learned through a couple of NOVA specials here and there (I loved NOVA) and from reading Inherit the Wind (which I got in trouble for since I was reading it at school). Although I did learn that the Native Americans were indeed some of the lost tribes of Israel. And no, I'm not kidding.

This is gross. All I did was google Virginia DMV and clicked images. To each his/her own, I guess.

And this is just crazy. Here's the X-ray.

A Very Darcy Evening will be held this weekend chez moi. Should be fun times.

4 comments:

Iason said...

Okay, Kate, I can't read all that crap about the Lost Tribes of Israel (because I don't have the patience right now), but seriously... The Native Americans really were a lost tribe? Isn't that like... an essential part of the Mormon faith?

Are the Mormons RIGHT after all?!?!

;)

Jason

Katy Ray said...

Ninth grade US history would have probably gone a lot smoother if they (the Native Americans) indeed were the lost tribes (instead of me getting in trouble for giving the teacher "a look").

This was also the same teacher that told me to put "The Scarlet Letter" away because its contents weren't suitable to read.

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?? You never learned about evolution in school??? Really?
What did they teach you? Honey, you got a lot mo' learnin' to do!

Diana

Katy Ray said...

Note: I spent my developmental years in Oklahoma. And yes, I do have so much more to learn!